I have become slightly obsessed with making felt garland lately. 1~they are super easy. 2~they are super cheap. 3~they are super cute.
My sample below used 12 felt squares, cost $3.96 and took me 15 minutes.
Here is how to make them:
1. Select your color scheme then buy the felt squares. There are so many great colors/textures available at Hobby Lobby and Michaels.
What makes these so simple is the felt is already premeasured and only require a few cuts.
2. The easiest way to cut equal sizes is fold your felt over twice then cut. You can measure each section but if you eyeball it you can't tell in the final product. You can cut the sections as thin or wide as you like. I usually get 7-8 strips per felt piece.
3. Once you have all your cut pieces divide them out by colors.
4. I like to tie a piece of string to two stable objects the length I want my garland to be. It makes it much easier to tie.
5. Start to tie each piece in a pattern. The felt ties up pretty tight so you don't need to double knot.
6. Once you've tied every piece cut the ends you secured and hang your garland. This little baby is being used for a superhero theme.